Your curiosity will drive your journey to discover more about the world around you with guided checkpoints along the way. You will have an opportunity to explore 'the high adventure' of learning when it is defined under your own terms and driven by your questions of investigation.
Independent Inquiry Program is open to any student (ages 10-14) who is curious, creative and self-driven to 'dig a little deeper' into a topic of interest using the Scientific Method /Inquiry methods and developing an experimentation or design approach. The intent is to nurture inquiry and perseverence using the program design which develops research skills, builds on collaboration, and fosters STEM thinking which is an important aspect of our 21st Century culture. Whether the student is interested in STEM fields is not as important as discovering the joy of investigating and the high adventure of discovery.
- Complete a short 'Inquiry Interest' form describing your interest
- Self-driven, focused, and commited to completing tasks
- Be in good academic standings
Student Learning Goals
- Use inquiry to develop questions that can be answered through investigation
- Design an investigation that answers a 'testable' question